4.14.2011

On Dreams

 

The idea for this post popped into my head a few days ago. I was feeling a little blue and sorry for myself. I was feeling stuck in a rut... that the dreams I held were never going to come to anything. But I held off writing this straight away because I didn't want to post something that was so negatvie! We all have times when we feel a bit fed up. After a life long fight with depression - I get a little scared when I have days like this. I'm afraid that the feeling won't go away after a few hours, and I'll get sucked back down.

“Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.”
Gail Devers

 It's all too easy to get bogged down in day to day life and forget the bigger picture. The little details that make life sometimes can block everything else out.

But I think that dreams are incredibly important. They are what motivate us to keep pushing. They separate us from those who just let life pass them by.In believing that your dreams can come true... you have taken the very first step to achieving them.

A year ago I would never have believed that my dream of selling my crafts would happen - but it has. I have a new shop open, and things have been selling - to see this dream become my reality is such an amazing feeling!

I journal and make lists of my dreams. I create vision boards. I focus on what I want to happen. Keeping my mind focused helps me to go and and put my dreams into action.

It's also important to be flexible in your dreams. Allow things to change with time, bend and give a little along the way. But know that deep in your heart, one day they will come true. I am not one who is happy to just follow along with life. I am not content with the idea that we have to do as we are told, follow the rules, work 9-5, be content with what we have. I believe in reaching out for more. For following our hearts and doing what we love. For bettering ourselves and changing the circumstances of our lifes.

You may say I'm a dreamer,
but I'm not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will be as one.
JOHN LENNON, Imagine

DREAM BIG

9 comments:

  1. hey Polly, i'm a bit of a serial commenter today, sorry! but after reading your about page i saw you mentioned the "shy's". i recently did a post that included a link about why they are real blessings in our lives. Liz Longacre wrote an article for Kris Carr's "crazy sexy life" and i think you might dig it.

    http://crazysexylife.com/2011/shy-girl%E2%80%99s-manifesto/

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so inspiring. I have been fighting depression a lot lately and this is such a helpful reminder. Thank you so much dear for this post.
    You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post love! Keep the dreams alive!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i totally understand about getting all down about dreams not coming true, etc. and also feeling scared that your bad mood/ depression is never going away...

    i'm glad you were able to overcome the feeling and write this post :) i love that picture, by the way! :glitter yay:

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never a truer word said, Pol :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that last paragraph is the BEST and hardest thing to learn and I LOVE that your mentioned it! You can still achieve dreams, it just might be in a different way than you thought. Thanks for this post. =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gave you a blog award! Check it out here...

    http://jewelsforhope.blogspot.com/2011/04/omg-i-got-my-first-award-i-am-so-proud.html

    have a great day!
    Stevie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your honesty. Being honest with yourself can only produce positive outcomes. You are beautiful and I adore you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)