4.11.2011

Living Life Your Way.... Interview with Rachael from Talk 2 The Trees

7I've been working hard the last few months at overcoming my fears and following my dreams. So I'm running a series of interview with inspiring people to see what part fear has played in their life and how they've overcome it to live life their way...

Today's interview is with Rachael from Talk 2 The Trees

******************** 


Hey! Tell us a little about yourself.

My name is Rachael Caringella. I love to create. I'm constantly either knitting, crocheting or painting. I love to learn new things and I am constantly adding to my list of things to learn. I also love to take photographs! I have a silly dog named Mowgli and a smelly cat named Fungus.


Is the life you lead now the life you've always dreamt of?
The life I live right now is very close to the one I've always dreamed of. I currently work from home selling and making hats and artwork. I love it! But if I could change one things.. I would like to live on my own.. or with someone I love. I currently am living at home with my family. I love my family very much but I am not used to living at home. I am used to living in my own place, so it's a bit difficult to be creative sometimes.
When you have faced difficulties, what has been your inspiration to keep going?

This may sound silly, but there was a while where the only inspiration to keep going in my life was my little puppy. I have been diagnosed with depression and was in a pretty bad relationship for 4 years. Sometimes the only thing that kept me smiling was my goofy dog. Knowing that he needed me made me feel worth something.. I have learned so much from my dog. He has taught me about unconditional love and forgiving quickly.

Fear affects us all at some point. What part has fear played in your life and how have you overcome it?

There was a time where I was very afraid to be alone. I was in a bad relationship and I was afraid to get out of it. I was afraid of being alone, I was afraid I would never be happy. I had put a lot of myself into this relationship that I didn't have a relationship with myself, by doing that I didn't trust myself.. and that made me very afraid. It was very hard to overcome this fear. It was hard to depend on myself for my own happiness, and it was hard to accept that the only person in the world I could truly rely on was myself. It took some time to learn this. I had to become financially stable as well as happy on my own before I could be brave enough to be alone. That's when I realized that being alone does not mean lonely.


What advice would you offer on following your heart and living your dreams?

Don't live with regrets. If you want something you have to reach out and take it. Don't settle for anything less than what you want. Leave the people who don't treat you right. You are SO much stronger and so much more beautiful than you think you are. Don't let anyone tell you other wise. This is your life.
 
What do you think are the three most important things you need to lead a happy and radiant life?

I think it all comes down to love. Love what you do, you will do it every day... if it doesn't make you happy, don't do it. Love the people you are with, if they don't treat you right, leave them. If you love someone, show them, tell them, always and every day. People forget easily. Love where you are. You may not be exactly where you want to be, but it's still beautiful. Explore your world, take pictures, find the beauty. It's everywhere..

********************

since this interview, Rachaels dog Mowgli sadly died :( please send some love Racaels way

2 comments:

  1. Mary ThiedemanApril 11, 2011

    I follow Rachael's blog as well, and was sad when Mowgli passed. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet. However, she is so inspiring in how she has overcome the difficulties in her life. I love her photography and work. Brilliant series, looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great interview, i love reading about other crafters. Im going to head over and check out her blog now :)

    Zoe x x
    http://blessedbeeapothecary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)