4.18.2011

Living Life Your Way.... Interview with Beth from Deer Little Fawn



I've been working hard the last few months at overcoming my fears and following my dreams. So I'm running a series of interview with inspiring people to see what part fear has played in their life and how they've overcome it to live life their way...


 This weeks interview is with Beth from Deer Little Fawn


********************



Hey! Tell us a little about yourself
Hi Polly! Firstly thank you very much for asking me to do this interview! My name is Beth. I turn 28 in March (gasp!) I would say am a creative person in general, I like to work with my hands making things with fabric, paper and anything really! I am also an avid blogger and a collector of old/interesting things. I like to make things pretty.

Is the life you lead now the life you've always dreamt of?
Well, I'm not married to Johnny Depp, so I guess not! But seriously, to be honest I have never been sure exactly what life I wanted to live. I left home at 17 and worked full time mainly retail based jobs since then. Alot of my creative dreams got pushed to one side. I gradually became to scared to follow up on dreams and got a little lost along the way, but more recently I have started to try and rediscover this. I am now working towards being who I want to be and over coming the fear of trying new things. I still don't know exactly what I want to be "when I grow up", but now I feel like I'm maybe more on the way to getting there now.

When you have faced difficulties, what has been your inspiration to keep going?
I found this question the hardest of all, like everyone I have obviously had to overcome certain difficulties in the past, without really wanting to go in to too much detail about these, I would probably say that when it comes down to it two things have been the main inspiration for me. One being my family, I am very lucky to have an extremely supportive family who are non-judgemental about what I do with my life, if I quit something that is making me unhappy I know that they will understand this and not hassle me or be disappointed in me. The second major inspiration to keep going is just that I want to live a happy life, happiness is my number one
ambition and if I have to try a lot of different things to get there then so be it.

Fear affects us all at some point. What part has fear played in your life and how have you overcome it?
Fear has definitely been a large issue for me in the past. I don't know that I have overcome it, I think it is more of a constant thing to overcome. Every time there is a new step to take there will be some element of fear, but if you have overcome it once you know you can do it again. Fear can make you stronger. On the other hand I'm surprisingly brave about some things!

What advice would you offer on following your heart and living your dreams?
It's much easier said than done, but I think that, as many times as its been said and as cheesy as it may sound, self belief really is so important. Remember you are as worthy as anyone else, other people may make things look easier, but everyone has their own battles. You are as good as anybody else! Don't be afraid to share your work, whatever it may be with others, it can be scary at first but its rare that anyone else will be as harsh a critic as you are to yourself and getting positive reactions from other people can be a major confidence boost.

What do you think are the three most important things you need to lead a happy and radiant life? 
1. Try and stay true to yourself, no matter what other people think you "should" be doing with your life.
2. Try not to focus on the negatives too much, if you hit a brick wall where you're going turn around and try something else.
3. Don't be afraid to reach out and ask for help once in a while.
********************

Thanks Beth! Be sure to check out her blog, etsy shop and her other etsy shop


1 comment:

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)