4.04.2011

Living Life Your Way....Interview with Dani of Positively Present

7I've been working hard the last few months at overcoming my fears and following my dreams. So I'm running a series of interview with inspiring people to see what part fear has played in their life and how they've overcome it to live life their way...
******************** 
Hey! Tell us a little about yourself.
 
I'm Dani, who, after twenty-five years of living with a negative attitude, decided I was going to turn my life around and start focusing on the positive. In 2009, I launched Positively Present, a blog focused on living positively in the present moment and since then the site as grown and it continues to touch people around the world. Working hard to embrace the idea of "living happily ever after now," I use Positively Present to focus on the positive in my life -- and, while doing that, I also share my experiences with readers. 
 

Is the life you lead now the life you've always dreamt of?
 
As with many people, I struggle with the idea of perfection. The life I've always dreamed of is doing what I love -- writing -- every day. While I do have the opportunity to do that on most days, I also have a regular job that holds me back somewhat from "living the dream." That being said, I'm working hard to make my dream of writing full time a reality. And, with the positive attitude I've adapted over the past few years, almost anything seems possible... 
 
*When you have faced difficulties, what has been your inspiration to keep going?
When I've faced difficulties, I do what I can to focus on being positive and looking for the good in whatever situation I'm faced with. As you can imagine, this can be very difficult depending on the situation, but I've found that, no matter what I encounter, coming at it with a positive attitude always has a more positive outcome.  
Fear affects us all at some point. What part has fear played in your life and how have you overcome it?
I agree that fear factors into every life in some way. One way fear has impacted my life is that I used to be very afraid to be happy. I used to think that being happy was a scary thing because it meant that, at some point, I would be unhappy again. I was afraid of happiness because I believed it wouldn't last. Now that I choose to focus on the positive and to be present, I realize that I, like everyone, deserve happiness. When I now experience good things and happy moments, I really try to embrace them and not let the fear of losing them take over. Being present has really helped me to succeed in conquering the fear of happiness.

What advice would you offer on following your heart and living your dreams?
 
The best advice I can give is to be positive and be present. Most of the pain and heartache I've experienced in my life has come from not focusing on what's happening right now and, instead, focusing on the past or the future. Being present and paying attention to what's going on around you right now is criticial to living your dreams. Also, focusing on the positive things in your life will open up your heart and mind and will allow you to really listen to what's good and true about your life. This will allow you to follow your heart and ultimate live the life you've dreamed of. 

What do you think are the three most important things you need to lead a happy and radiant life?
I tried to come up with just three, but I had to add a fourth one to my list! The four most important things you need to live a happy and radiant life are:
1. A positive attitude -- no matter what's going on around you.
2. The ability to live in the moment and be fully present.
3. A positive support system of people who love and care about you.
4. Self love. If you don't love yourself, it's hard to love the life you're living. 


********************

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)