1.25.2012

meal planning


one of my goals for 2012 was to clean up my diet. lack of time and lack of money had led me to eating to much junk and processed foods. way back when, i used to meal plan. not only did it allow me to budget better, but also plan healthy meals and save time - as knowing in advance what we were going to be eating that day meant no last minute panics over what to cook for dinner.

it also encouraged me to try out new recipes and foods that were in season. and it meant the mr didn't have for lunch what i was planning on making for dinner.

so, this week i finally got around to starting meal planning again. and of course - a pretty meal planning sheet is far better than a scrap of paper right?! i made this cutie - i'm planning on putting one in a pretty frame, and using a wipe-off marker so i can use it over and over. 

click on the image to download the full size print

i tend to only plan out our evening meals, but there's space on the sheet for breakfasts and lunches too if you wanted. a typical weeks evening meals might look something like this:


mon: spaghetti & veggie meatballs
tues: hassleback potatoes & veggie chili
weds: stir fry veggies & rice
thurs: home made pizza & wedges
fri: veggie pot pies & salad or veg
sat: pasta bake with garlic bread
sun: veggie roast, with roast potatoes, veggies, gravy & yorkshire puddings

i'm in the middle of transfering all my recipes from the scraps of paper to these cute recipe cards {again, click on the image to download a full size, printable size}

 




Do you meal plan?? If not, it's a great time to start!

p.s I have a guest post over at Miss Indie today if you want to check it out :)

♥♥ stay in touch! ♥♥ follow this blog ♥♥ twitter ♥♥ facebook ♥♥ etsy ♥♥

8 comments:

  1. I have started meal planning to help our 10 year old. He is a picky eater and would have such anxiety over not knowing what was for dinner each night. So, now we plan a menu (even if it's things he doesn't like) and I write it up on the erasable board so everyone knows what to expect. It also has saved me money at the grocery store, having a set list and not just 'winging' it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one thing i'm working on! 
    Your cards & meal planner are so adorable, that'll keep you motivated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable, thanks for making them printable too! Will definitely be putting it to use x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab idea! I find if I don't plan meals then I don't always eat so good! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. lilmuselilyJanuary 25, 2012

    Hi Polly! i always thought that i couldn't meal plan cause not only would i be committed to eating what was planned but i'm not a very good planner but, my husband and i started doing it a few weeks ago and it's working out great.
    we were finding ourselves going in the fridge and just having random stuff and then ordering in.
    this way, we spend less and we eat what we have. it's a win-win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont plan my meals but Im actually going for the healthier side this year

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flower_landJanuary 26, 2012

    Nice!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to put your planner in a frame and use an erasable marker! It's a nice looking planner too.

    Loulou Downtown

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)