7.18.2011

Living Life Your Way.... Interview with Betsy Vedder

I've been working hard the last few months at ove
rcoming my fears and following my dreams. So I'm running a series of interview with inspiring people to see what part fear has played in their life and how they've overcome it to live life their way...

**********************************


Hey! Tell us a little about yourself.

Hi! I’m Betsy, I blog over at O Bella, which focuses on natural living, free-spirited fashion, organic eating, running an independent business, natural building, music, photography, and bits and pieces of my life as a free-spirited mama. I own an indie business, O Bella, which features a handmade organic cotton and hemp clothing line, earth inspired jewelery, and handmade soap. I’m a mama to 2 beautiful daughters, a wife to an awesome husband, and music-lover. I love to sew, make music, take photos, learn, eat slow organic food, hike, and camp.

Is the life you lead now the life you've always dreamt of? 

 
It’s strange how dreams morph and mold depending life’s ebb and flows. My dream of having a family has always been there and I’m so thankful for the opportunity to meet the love of my life and have wonderful children. We have grown together and realized individual dreams and dreams we share as life goes on. I never cared about the earth, my health, what I ate, or what was important when I was a young adult. But motherhood and wifehood has shown me what’s important. Taking care of what we were meant to be stewards of, that there are more important things other than myself, that making an impact here on this earth and doing good for others supersedes how I feel. So actually, my life here and now is more than I have ever dreamed. We still have goals and dreams that we work toward. These include growing more of our own food each season, eventually having a little farm, we’d love to build our own sustainable, eco-friendly house (our choice of building materials would be cob), we want to raise our children to love the Lord and do good for others.


When you have faced difficulties, what has been your inspiration to keep going?

Difficulties refine us. Keeping this in mind, knowing that the valleys make me stronger and more appreciative keeps me pushing on. Knowing that I’m never given more than I can handle and that each event has a clear purpose, whether I see it or not.


Fear affects us all at some point. What part has fear played in your life and how have you overcome it?

 
“For God gave us not a spirit of fearfulness; but of power and love and good judgment.”
Fear can overcome you if you let it. Fear of rejection, fear of sickness, fear of loss, fear of inadequacy - these are all legitimate fears but none of which we can control. I can’t control how people view me, I can’t keep my children any safer than I already do, I take care of my body but I cannot prevent a sickness or disease, I can do my best but I cannot control whose standards my best is compared against.


What advice would you offer on following your heart and living your dreams?


Life is what you make of it and being happy where you are is important. Change the things you see you need to change. Be more giving, be more happy, see the good in little things. Some circumstances in this life we have no control over, no matter how hard we try, but what we do have control over is how we react to our situations. Let go of the little things and see the beauty in life. Live simply and meaningfully, because when we leave, we take nothing with us, and leave behind the memory of us and the lives we have impacted.


What do you think are the three most important things you need to lead a happy and radiant life?

Happiness is not having what you want, it’s wanting what you have. Being content with what you have. I make sure my mental well-being is in check and leave space in my day for myself, when I can. Seeing joy in a cup of tea, taking a walk, or making a meal for someone else. For myself, the joy in my life comes from Jesus, I know that no matter what comes my way, my life has been bought and paid for, and He has plans to prosper and not harm me. This happiness goes deeper than anything I can do for myself. Enjoy your life! 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful inspirational interview! Thank you for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful interview! i love her heart.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)