7.12.2011

Home Tour: Living/Dining Room

This is our fourth home together as a family, and it's by far my favourite. Our house is around 200 years old, and full of character :)

Here's a few sneaks and peaks into our living/dining room. It's a really happy room - full of life and love. It's where we spend most of our time, snuggled on the sofa with books or sewing, or sat around the dining table to eat, work and craft.


I LOVE our fire place, in the winter all this gets 
cleared out of the way so we can have a roaring log fire!

One of my favourite photos of the girls, and a beautiful gifted glass

beautiful peacock feathers in an old glass bottle

 Vintage fabric makes pretty throws..and a tonne of pretty cushions on our sofas :)

TV corner... it's only connected to a dvd player (and G's WII) we're not big
TV watchers but enjoy watching movies

My beautiful Owl Lamp a friend gifted me

Cute Owl Nesting Dolls

Dining table - hub of our family life

I put strings up so I'd have somewhere to display the girls artwork

Abacus ready for maths time!

We found this bureau in a skip a few years back

pink flamingo hiding in with my aloe vera plant

hope you enjoyed peeping into my home ~ I'll be sharing some more soon!

loves, Polly x

9 comments:

  1. very nice! I love your fireplace!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!! it was one of the things that sold the house to me when we first saw it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh, i so love your house.  can i come live with you?  :)

    xo
    ~chantilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so cozy and comforting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your home! It looks bright, cozy, charming and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home is gorgeous :)
    It's so crafty and homely :)
    nadiine-x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the bright colors in there!  It's so cozy!  And your owl nesters...adorable.  :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)