Hello! Bakes-a-lot-lady here...aka Pixie Mama's niece. I'm here to share one of my recipes with you. Chocolate Chip Fairy Cakes, these are perfect for the novice cook - so easy and it's very hard to go wrong!
What you will need:
6oz self-raising flour
100g chocolate chips
a little milk and icing sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 180C/gas 4 and line cake trays with brightly-coloured cake cases.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and smooth. Beat the eggs and add along with the flour. Finally stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Spoon the mixture evenly between 24 cases and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until lightly golden on top. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
4. While the cakes are cooking make the icing. Melt 100g milk or dark chocolate (depending on your taste) in a heat-proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Give it a stir ever so often to help it along. Add a few drops of milk and a little icing sugar until you have a nice smooth consistency. Tip: Unlike cake mixtures where the quantities are crucial, icing can be made to suit your taste, I used Green & Black's dark chocolate so the icing sugar helps sweeten it.
5. Here's the fun part! Spoon the icing over a cake and decorate it. I used glitter and some edible flowers on mine, but go crazy. Try silver balls, jelly diamonds, smarties, maltesers, hundreds & thousands... basically anything that looks pretty and is edible!!