7.27.2011

Guest Post: Eva from Lovers In a Dangerous Time

Hey everyone!



It's Eva from Lovers in a Dangerous Time. I wanted to share a recipe with you today, but not just any recipe... it's my all-time favourite dessert.


 The first time I made these tarts, in my home-ec class in highschool, I was in love. They had me at hello. Later, I tried to make them for my husband Nathan when we were just barely dating, but I made the filling wrong. When he bit into it, the filling dribbled out and everywhere because it was so runny, hah! Baking fail.

The tarts are very rich tasting, but so delicious and indulgent. They're also great for summer because you can top them with pieces of any fresh fruit you like. I usually use strawberries or kiwis.

Enjoy!

Shortbread Cream Cheese Tarts:

Shells
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 & 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch

1.) Mix ingredients well (may have to use hands). Add a bit more flour if dough is too sticky. Don't roll, but pat into muffin tins with your fingers to form shells.
 
 
2.) Prick the bottoms with a fork and bake 20 minutes @ 300-325 F (160 C). During baking time, prick bottoms again if the shells puff up. These may be frozen to use later.


Filling
1 4oz. package of cream cheese, softened
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
2 & 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1.) In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
2.) Gradually beat in condensed milk.
3.) Stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
4.) Dollop filling into cooled shortbread shell and top with fruit


3 comments:

  1. Those look so yummy! Dessert & fruit are 2 of my favorite things, guess that's why I love Strawberry Shortcake so incredibly much. I may have to try these next time I have friends over for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!  I love shortbread, and these sound amazing.  I think I will wait til it cools off a bit in Texas...maybe a Fall treat.  :)

    Polly, your guest posts this week are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look heavenly! 
    And I'm already a follower but my fingers are crossed for the Feed the Birdies giveaway! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)