7.25.2011

Guest Post: Margot from Newfoundlander at Heart

Hello to all you lovely readers of Pixie Mama! My name is Margot, and I write a little blog called Newfoundlander at Heart. I promised Polly a guest post, and I'm going to be sharing a little about a music festival I went to earlier in July. I wrote a bit of a post about over at my blog, you can see that here, but today I am going to be sharing with you some of my favourite acts from the festival weekend :)

It was a beautiful sunny weekend for the Mariposa Folk Festival, we arrived in to town late Friday night, and made our way to the festival Saturday morning. Where we exchanged our tickets for wristbands. Sparkly pink, my favourite! 


Then we settled in to enjoy some music for the day, and well into the evening. Thank goodness for the wonderful weather!


There was so much wonderful talent that weekend,  but I do have a few favourites that I am going to share with you. Most of them (I think all) are Canadian so for all of you Pixie Mama readers from other mysterious and wonderful places you will have a chance to hear some new music!

1) 3 Gars su'l Sofa (3 Guys on the Couch) - is a band (of 4 guys, hehe) from Québec, Canada and they sing happy light folk music.



2) Yukon Blonde - hails from Vancouver, BC, Canada. They classify themselves as healing and easylistening/rock. Which I think is a really good description, I quite enjoyed sitting back and tapping along with them.

3) Reid Jamieson - A singer a songwriter from Vancouver, BC, he is an amazing guitarist with a wonderful voice. Take a listen!


Thank you so much Polly for having me here today, and to you readers out there for reading about my festival weekend. I hope you had a good time, and maybe heard some new music. I look forward to chatting with anyone if you are interested, I am always looking for new blog friends! :)
xox

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So many Vancouver artists. As a native B.C'er, it's nice to see my province represented :)

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)