3.08.2012

happiness is...

 'happiness is...' -  each week we'll meet two lovely ladies to find out what happiness is to them.... if you'd like to take part please drop me an email :)

BLOG

what makes you happiest?
Being with my boyfriend, be it out on an adventure or just snuggled up on the couch watching a movie. I'm just immediately calm, happy, comfortable, and my spirits are immediately lifted when I am with him. I really love this guy.

do you have a ‘happy place’?
Pinterest. For real, instead of imagining up a happy place in my mind, I head to pinterest.com when I'm feeling off and I get to see a visual reminder of things that I love, people, places, objects that make me happy. And I can pretend to go shopping, pinning things I like without having to actually buy anything ;) I immediately remember, all of these beautiful things are beautiful, but they are just things. And it's the creativity that goes into imagining up and making beautiful things that I am most passionate and excited about. Pinterest immediately gives me fresh inspiration and reminds me to keep forging ahead with happiness, positivity, and a playful spirit.

do you have a favourite happy song?
Mirrorball by Elbow is the happiest, most dreamy, comforting song. It sounds like love. I could listen to it on repeat for days.

what gets you past a bad day?
A good hug from my boyfriend, a nice chat on the phone with a far away friend, a care package in the mail from my family, getting cozy and comfy and watching a sweet movie, working from bed when I'm feeling off and always having a cup of hot chocolate sitting nearby, forging ahead even when I feel timid or scared because the best things happen when you push past your bad day to create something beautiful from it. I am super competitive with myself, so when I am having a bad day, I want to prove to myself that I can turn it around into something positive.

BLOG
what makes you happiest?  
Spending time with my husband and daughter, being creative, going on a spontaneous trip with my family

do you have a ‘happy place’?
 I don’t – not yet. February is the month that I’m giving our office/craft room a makeover and then I will!


do you have a favourite happy song?
 Anything by Colbie Caillat or Norah Jones.


what gets you past a bad day?  
A mug of chai, a good twitter conversation, cuddles with my daughter, and lots of deep breaths.

♥♥ stay in touch! ♥♥ follow this blog ♥♥ twitter ♥♥ facebook ♥♥ etsy ♥♥

1 comment:

  1. I love these happiness posts. Although every person is different, the places where they converge (love, family, creativity) never fail to remind me what's really important :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)