5.23.2011

Living Life Your Way.... Interview with Kate from Suburban Sweetheart


undefined



I've been working hard the last few months at overcoming my fears and following my dreams. So I'm running a series of interview with inspiring people to see what part fear has played in their life and how they've overcome it to live life their way...

 This weeks interview is with Kate from SuburbanSweetheart.com




********************************




Hey! Tell us a little about yourself.

Well, hello, there! My name is Kate, & I blog at SuburbanSweetheart.com, tweet at @heysuburban & sell jewelry at And Paper Hearts. I’m a proud & loyal Ohioan who just moved in with my boyfriend in New Hampshire after three years living the single life in Washington, D.C. I prefer ampersands to "and," dives to clubs, beer to wine, flats to heels, & the Midwest to just about anywhere.



Is the life you lead now the life you've always dreamt of?
The question is a surprisingly difficult one. The short answer is that no, it’s not. But the longer answer is that even so, it’s one that’s working out very well for me. An old Yiddish proverb goes, “People plan and God laughs.” My life hasn’t necessarily gone according to plans – I’d expected to become a journalist, a reporter



When you have faced difficulties, what has been your inspiration to keep going?
My father’s motto was “Press on regardless.” He died of lung cancer when I was 10 years old, but I keep those words with me when things get tough. I’m planning to get a tattoo soon of the word “persevere” in Hebrew, which is reflective of this saying, inspired by a quote from Ted Kennedy, Jr.: “My father admitted perseverance.” And so did mine.



Fear affects us all at some point. What part has fear played in your life and how have you overcome it?
I am quite possibly the most frightened person you’ve ever met. I’m scared of everything – not just boats & spiders & velvet & cancer & car accidents, but the day-to-day things, like public speaking & talking on the phone & driving, not to mention bigger decisions like leaving/starting jobs, moving, buying a car… I’m the most nervous person in the world. Basically, I just force myself to leap – do it & see how it goes. I can always make a new decision later if it turns out I’ve made the wrong one. “If I don’t let myself be happy now, then when?”



What do you think are the three most important things you need to lead a happy and radiant life?
I’m still working on figuring this out! I don’t know that there are any three identifiable or tangible things. I just need to stay introspective & aware, open to the possibility of change, no matter how scary it may be. I’m just learning to open myself up to others, to believe in love, & to trust myself. It’s pretty exciting, actually!



*********************************

Thanks Kate :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)