5.24.2011

Guest Post: DIY Summer Wreath {The Casabella Project}

Today I’m participating in the Ultimate Blog Swap. You’ll find me posting over at Parenting Miracles   with a recipe for Turkish Flatbread Pizzas, and I’m excited to welcome Myra to Pixie Mama

********** 

Hi Pixie Mama readers! I'm Myra from The Casabella Project and I'm thrilled to be here with you today!
I'm married to my childhood sweetheart and we have a sweet little two year old named Ridley. I love my family, crafting, upcycling and spray painting! Today, I'm going to show you how to make a fun, frugal summer wreath!
DIY Summer Wreath
I snagged this grapevine wreath at a yard sale for 0.50! Can't beat that! I pulled off the greenery and flowers right away. Ha!
I love Rust-oleum spray paint and I wanted to create a wreath in bright, happy colors, so I chose the Summer Squash color. It's the perfect yellow. Not too bright and not too mustardy. Love!
Once the wreath was dry, I brought it inside and began making embellishments out of fabric and burlap. I love how the reds, blues, greens and yellow play together. Isn't it fabulous?!
I hot glued the embellishments onto the yellow wreath and hung it on my front door.
I love the simple beauty of this summer wreath. It's easy to make and cost me less than $10! :)
Thank you Polly for having me today and allowing me to share my DIY Summer Wreath! I would love for y'all to stop by The Casabella Project to see how my husband and I are making our 1950s home beautiful one project at a time! I will offer you a comfy chair and some Southern sweet tea! :)



Visit Life...Your Way to see all of the Ultimate Blog Swap participants!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)