5.16.2011

Living Life Your Way.... Interview with Kam from Campfire Chic


undefined



I've been working hard the last few months at overcoming my fears and following my dreams. So I'm running a series of interview with inspiring people to see what part fear has played in their life and how they've overcome it to live life their way...


 This weeks interview is with Kam from Campfire Chic

***********************************


Hey! Tell us a little about yourself.

I’m Kam. I am 25-years-old and I live in Southern California with my boyfriend, four cats, and dog. I love being outdoors, especially hiking and camping. There is nothing better than lounging outside with a good book!

I started Campfire Chic during the summer of 2010 while camping in Sequoia National Park with my boyfriend of four years. What started as an Etsy shop with a few bits of ribbon and some wooden postcards and a blog discussing a few things here and there has turned into so much more. I now sell embroidery patterns, cross-stitched goods, notebooks, and more. I hope to see it grow even more this year :)


In addition to the outdoors, I love reading, scrapbooking, cross stitching, taking photos, blogging/social networking in general, going to thrift stores/antique malls/swap meets on the weekends, searching for treasures in used book stores, and traveling with my boyfriend.


Is the life you lead now the life you've always dreamt of?


Not at all. My path has never been too clear and I would never anticipate being a blogger/Etsy seller and working part time where I work. I didn’t anticipate getting my Masters in Student Affairs, or doing half of the things I do now. I’ve grown up a lot in the past few years...Kam circa 2008 is a LOT different than Kam circa 2011. I like where I am, and am interested in seeing what else becomes a part of my story.


When you have faced difficulties, what has been your inspiration to keep going?

Knowing that everything happens for a reason. Your mom gets two types of cancer to show strength and that a diagnosis isn’t the end of the world. You don’t get a job after graduate school because you’re meant to have one last summer vacation. You don’t have money because you’re meant to learn to live without it and make the most of what you do have in your life and wallet.

Like I said, it is all part of my story. I envision writing my memoir one day and while working for the county’s transportation authority may not sound crazy interesting now, I think I’ll look back and thing “Damn, that was some really important work! I learned so much, and it was a stepping-stone for this, this, and this”. 



Fear affects us all at some point. What part has fear played in your life and how have you overcome it?


Fear is pretty hardcore. I have a few personal fears that I feel many of us share. I think what helps me the most with those fears is how others react to it...if they are freaking out, I try to step into a role of being calm and collected, but if they’re okay with it, I let myself freak out a bit. Feeling and expressing emotions are integral parts of growing up.


What advice would you offer on following your heart and living your dreams?


I would hate to assume I know anything at all about following my heart enough to offer advice. What I will say is, one thing is guaranteed...you won’t succeed if you don’t attempt it. Examples: you won’t get accepted into art school if you don’t apply; you won’t get that dream job if you don’t submit an application; you won’t find love if you don’t look for it.




What do you think are the three most important things you need to lead a happy and radiant life?

    Be happy and radiant
    A support network
    A sense of adventure


************************************

Thanks Kam!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)