5.19.2011

Couch to 5K - Week 3

undefined



Week 3... I'm feeling great! I'm impressed that I'm keeping to the training plan. Even on days when I wake up tired and not feeling like excerising, I've managed to convince myself to do that run, and I'm noticing that afterwords I feel GOOD :) 

The days inbetween my runs, I've been doing some leg, bum and tum exercises (from last weeks post). After 3 weeks of exercising AND healthy eating, I'm definealy noticing some changes in my body. Things are firming up and slimming down. But more importantly, mentally I feel so much better too! Starting my day with some exercise really makes a difference in my mood and my outlook - and also on the food choices that I make.

I'd fallen into the habit over the winter of eating lots of 'comfort food' - homemade cakes, biscuits, chocolates. Also I was eating huge portions at mealtimes - and very little fruit & veg. The past couple of weeks, I've made a concious effort to change what I am eating. And to only eat when I'm hungry - not just becaause I happen to be in the kitchen!

Here's a typical day of what I've been eating:

When I wake up: Cup of herbal tea
Breakfast: Bowl of branflakes, soya milk & chopped banana. Glass of orange juice
Mid-morning snack: handful of seeds, or oatcake & veggie pate
Lunch: Couscous w/chickpeas, raisins, seeds, side salad & ryvita
Mid-afternoon snack: fruit
Dinner: Baked sweet potato, falafel, corn on the cob, side salad

I've found that adding a side salad to my main meals not only increases the amount of veg I'm consuming BUT also fills me up without eating a big portion of whatever else I'm having! I'm not counting calories, or limiting what I eat. If I'm hungry, I eat. I'm just trying to choose clean, healthy foods. Cutting out refined sugars, and cutting down on how much bread & dairy products I am eating (though I still enjoy the odd slice of toast w/ PB & Jam;-) )

Also, I've been drinking lots and lots of water. Before I was drinking tonnes of tea & coffee. I've cut those right back, and drinking at least 8 big glasses of water every day. 

So - this weeks measurements!

Waist: 27"
Hips: 36 1/2"
Thighs: 19"

And here's a recipe I wanted to share... I made this recipe up whilst baking chocolate cakes for my girls, and wanting something 'cakey' to eat that wasn't too unhealthy! They turned out pretty yummy too :)

Peanut & Oaty Bites
2 large, ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup oats
4tbsp butter
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp raisins



Cream the butter, bananas, honey & peanut butter together. Then mix in the remaining ingredients.


Shape into small balls, place on a greased baking tray and bake for around 10-12 minutes. Leave to cool, then eat!!



2 clicks to vote for me??? 
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

4 comments:

  1. Yum, those look amazing!  Yay for you!  Isn't the C2 plan the best?  I always stay on week 2 because I love the schedule and I think interval training works best for me.  I've been just walking lately, but I'm still losing weight, and it feels so good!  Keep up the good work, Polly!  :)  

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnotherdiamondayMay 19, 2011

    Well done Polly!!! Those bites look delicious! Will have to  try and make some as I loooove peanut butter!!! Did you get my letter? xox

    ReplyDelete
  3.  Those bites look so yummy!  You're doing a really good job... I wish I had the follow through skills that you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pixiemamaMay 19, 2011

    believe me.... I am amazed that I'm actually following this through! Usually
    I'm not so good :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)