12.17.2011

Guest Post: Marilyn's Coquito Recipe

{when I asked my sponsors for their favourite thing about Christmas, Maryiln from Pulp Sushi got back to me with this delicious sounding recipe!! I can't wait to try it out}
 
Being Puerto Rican, my father always made Coquito at Christmas time. It's considered the Puerto Rican Eggnog but with Rum, a nice healthy dosage of rum. I don't drink alcohol but I do indulge myself a little for some Coquito. :) 
 
Here's a quickie recipe
  • 2 15-ounce cans cream of coconut
  • 2 14-ounce cans condensed milk
  • 6 ounces white rum (use less if you like)
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 teaspoon coconut (or vanilla) extract
Mix it all in a blender and refrigerate for about an hour. This is a beverage to enjoy nice and cold, don't worry, the rum will warm you up. :)
 
 


♥♥ stay in touch! ♥♥ follow this blog ♥♥ twitter ♥♥ facebook ♥♥ etsy ♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)