1.20.2011

A walk by the Church

After a day of housework/sewing/home ed 'work'... when the Mr got home from work we decided to take a stroll while dinner was in the oven. It was very chilly out but the sun was shining and the fog from the afternoon had cleared. We live right next door to a 500 year old church, and the girls love to walk/play in there.... kinda creepy... but hey! They don't seem to mind all the gravestones and vaults.

I love to get out in the fresh air, it never fails to make me feel good. Even more so when the sun is shining! And with three little girls who have way too much energy, the chance to run some of it off is never a bad thing!!

019
Beautiful old gravestone
018
My gang :)
017
St Giles Church
015
The grave of Elihu Yale - the founder and namesake of Yale University in the U.S
012
Miss Lola
003
Baya
011
Me!!!

Almost bedtime for the girls now, I'm planning on doing some sewing this evening! I have plans for a giveaway soon :)

5 comments:

  1. Aww, these are lovely photos :)
    Eee and I love your red hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love walking in church yards too. I used to love sitting in the church yard in Whitby at the top of the steps by the Abbey, it was such a peaceful place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a beautiful church, I wish we had buildings that old here in Australia. What a lovely place for a walk

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are surrounded by so much history! And to think this land (state) was only colonized by Europeans in the 1800's

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are surrounded by so much history! And to think this land (state) was only colonized by Europeans in the 1800's

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)