1.10.2011

Living Life Your Way....Interview with Megan Monique Harner


 I've been working hard the last few months at overcoming my fears and following my dreams. So I'm running a series of interview with inspiring people to see what part fear has played in their life and how they've overcome it to live life their way...


This week's Interview is with Megan Monique Harner of If I Were A Rainbow




Hey! Tell us a little about yourself.

This is always a difficult question for me to answer, I never know where to begin! I am so many different things, but mostly I am a life illuminator. I was born with a gift to show people their own brilliance and beauty and I am great at it! Not only that, but it is a true blessing for me to be able to share this gift in so many different faucets; crafting, writing, coaching, workshops, conversations, eCourses and much more! I am a lucky lady- no doubt.


Is the life you lead now the life you've always dreamt of? 

In so many ways, the life I lead now if far better than the life I imagined. In the world I have created for myself I can be and do whatever I want. I have the freedom to be me 100% of the time- what more could I ask for?


 When you have faced difficulties, what has been your inspiration to keep going?

What a great question! I can honestly say it is the concept that there is always something to learn. Nothing is ever placed in our paths unless there is something to gain from it. Even if the only thing we are gaining is a new way of thinking about something. No matter what, in any situation, there is always something to learn.


Fear affects us all at some point. What part has fear played in your life and how have you overcome it?


When fear presents itself in my life, that just makes me try harder. I am constantly looking for ways to be a better person, to make my existence more of a surrendered journey. When fear shows up I know that there is something AMAZING waiting on the other side for me.


Like now for instance. I created ROOTED an eCourse & people are actually registering for it! Go figure- the thoughts come up, what if the content isn't good enough, what if they want their money back, what if they are disappointed with the course? I know that all of this is coming up because I am tapping into something that is really powerful within me. If the doubts weren't present, I would know that I am not trying hard enough.


What advice would you offer on following your heart and living your dreams?

Do it. Don't wait- there is nothing to wait for. Stop thinking that it takes a lot of money, time or knowledge and just emerge yourself in the field now. Even if it is only on a volunteer basis. The more you start aligning yourself with your passions and purpose, the more quickly things will start moving in your favor. 

Don't know what your passion is? What did you love doing as a child? What makes your heart sing? What makes your bones come alive? Have several things that make this happen? Start with one and work your way across the field until you find what suits you.

Don't have the answer to any of the questions above? Do anything. Talk to everyone. The moment you find someone who is doing something that interests you, ask more about it- get involved. Ask for their advice. The quicker you stop telling yourself 'you don't know' the sooner you will discover that you do.

What do you think are the three most important things you need to lead a happy and radiant life?

Authenticity, surrender and fun



      *************************


Don't forget to sign up for Megan's eCourse Rooted - I can't wait for it to begin!

 Picture

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)