6.13.2011

Living Life Your Way.... Interview with Hope from Pansy Lane


I've been working hard the last few months at overcoming my fears and following my dreams. So I'm running a series of interview with inspiring people to see what part fear has played in their life and how they've overcome it to live life their way...

************************************************


Hey! Tell us a little about yourself.

My name is Hope and I'm a blogger, traveler, vintage-lover and crafty-type-person. Right now I live in Albuquerque with my husband and two amazingly adorable dogs. I have degrees in English Lit and Library Studies, but at the moment I'm just traveling and living and experiencing new things. 


Is the life you lead now the life you've always dreamt of?

Not quite. I'm on the right track, though, and it's getting more and more amazing each day. I want to start a family and build a little home and fill it with art and random quirky vintage things. I think I've come a long, long way-- at this exact time last year I was freaking out about what I wanted to do with my life and thought I would never find a way to be happy. I finally decided to just take the plunge and travel for a while with my husband (he took a job that allowed him to do it) and I feel so incredibly lucky that this is my life right now! But I've never really had a "dream life," so to speak.. I'm just taking it day by day and trying to do what feels right.

When you have faced difficulties, what has been your inspiration to keep going?

I honestly believe that problems will work themselves out and that terrible situations make you stronger in the end. I know how that sounds, but I promise It took me ages to figure it out! I went through years and years of panicking and worrying over every little thing before I realized that absolutely nothing good comes from it. Worrying is completely pointless and makes everything worse. Just tell yourself that everything will be okay. As simple as it sounds, it really does work.


Fear affects us all at some point. What part has fear played in your life and how have you overcome it?

Oh wow, fear has played a huge part in my life for as long as I can remember. One of my favorite quotes is by Hunter S. Thompson: "I understand that fear is my friend, but not always. Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." I take that to mean that yes, fear can be an incredibly important tool to keep you motivated and trying new things, but it can also screw you up. Never get too friendly with your fear. Never tell yourself it's okay that you're not doing that thing you want to do because you're too nervous to even try it. I can't say that I'm always great at following that advice, but I try really, really hard. 

What advice would you offer on following your heart and living your dreams?

Do what you love! Even if you can't do it for a living, spend as much time as humanly possible doing things that make you happy. Whatever makes you the happiest in life is what you're meant to be doing-- I'm absolutely sure of that. Right now my life is totally different than what I thought it would be like before I graduated: I suddenly have different goals, and I might not start my library career right away, but I have to remember that as long as I'm happy it's okay. Life doesn't always go as planned, but if you feel like you're on the right path, you absolutely are. 


What do you think are the three most important things you need to lead a happy and radiant life?

* Live fearlessly and in line with your convictions. If you believe in something, stand up for it. 
* Love yourself and everyone around you.
* Don't take everything so seriously! Laugh at yourself and have fun with everything.

*******************************

Find Hope here


1 comment:

  1. Strawberry FrecklefaceJune 13, 2011

    She is beautiful! Great post. Love it.
    strawberry freckleface

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)