6.11.2011

Saturday Sun


Happy Saturday!! The skies are full of rain here this afternoon :( Praying for it to pass, as we've friends coming round soon and we were hoping to BBQ!

I'm in need of some fun times, and some company from friends in real life. I've made some great friends online, and I'd be lost without you all - I just wish you weren't all so far away from me! I don't see enough of friends in person - and that's something that I need to sort out.

I've been doing some soul-searching this week, after a few days of feeling blue, I've realised that it's my minds way of trying to show me that something isn't right. I feel like the last few months I've gotten caught up trying to be someone I'm not. Trying to 'fit in', trying to be what everyone will like. I've focused so much on my jewellery making that I'd neglected my art. After completing two paintings in the last fortnight, I've realised that's where my passion lies. I'm still gonna keep the jewellery making as a sideline, but I think I need to focus more on art. And that means finding the courage to take it to the next level and take my art work to a craft fair and showing it online too.

I did take the plunge and set up a account at DeviantArt - if you have five minutes check out the work I've uploaded so far and let me know what you think.

There will be a few changes here on the blog in the next few weeks - I feel like  it's moved away from what I want it to be, and I want to get it back to reflecting the true me :)

Hope you're all having a great weekend - next week I'll have a great giveaway from some of my sponsors :)

s

2 comments:

  1. So good to hear! I love that you're going after who you are now and not what you think you should be. Can't wait to see the changes, love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me so happy to see you going after something you truly love! You are so amazingly talented & I love everything you've put on deviantART! So glad to see you spending more time with your art.

    Something I learned (after a horrible break up) is you just have to be yourself & if people don't like it, then they aren't worth your time! You are an amazing woman! I can't wait to see all the changes! 

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)