6.14.2011

friends, food and fun..

This weekend was one of the best I've had for a long time. Saturday we had friends round in the afternoon for a BBQ. Thankfully the sun kept shining and we spent the whole afternoon laughing, eating and playing :) It was bliss! Then in the evening after I'd put 3 exhausted girls to  bed, we had a fire in the garden. The hubby and I sat around, drinking cider and chatting. As we live next door to a pub, we got to listen to the band they had playing too  - and I did some late night hula-hooping! I had taken a load of photos, but somehow when I went to upload them the next morning, they'd vanished off my camera :/

Sunday we were all still tired, and it was raining really heavy. So, we had one of those lovely lazy Sunday's. I made some playdoh for the little ones in the morning, which kept them occupied for a while. In the afternoon we watched a movie (Alpha & Omega) and had (what the girls call) a 'picky-dinner' - basically I put finger foods out on the table, they help themselves to a plate full of food and we sit on the floor to eat - indoor picnic style :)

I managed to do a bit more work on the patchwork blanket I am making out of old baby clothes. It only needs a bit more work and then I can finish it off!


I managed to sneak in some painting time over the weekend too, and finished this one off:


 Then yesterday I made a start on a new one - this was is the first layer of paint on the canvas, mapping out the feature. I don't tend to sketch an outline first. I'm excited to see how she will turn out!



I'll be back in a bit with this month's sponsor giveaway :)



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect weekend! I'm really looking forward to our next big cookout that we are planning, with family, friends & hopefully some of the cool neighbors.

    That painting you finished is amazing! I love your style! I wish that I could paint, but it tends to just be blobs of paint when it's all said & done. Can't wait to see how the new one turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the "picky dinner." I am so doing that when N is old enough. :)

    LOVE your artwork!!!! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MannarheaJune 16, 2011

    i love the blanket! what i great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)