6.16.2011

Guest Post: Origami Stars


Hi! I’m Lara and I’m really excited to be doing a guest post for all you lovely Pixie Mama readers. I’m a bit of an origami geek and I’d like to show you how to make lucky stars!

They’re super easy, addictive, and all you need is one strip of paper that’s approximately 20cm long and 1cm wide.

1. Firstly, take your strip of paper and ‘tie a knot’ at one end. 2. Pull very gently.

3. Flatten with your fingers until you have a pentagon shape. You should have a small flap of paper on one of the sides - fold this over.

4. Take the long ‘tail’ wrap it around and around the pentagon you have formed, creasing gently as you go. 5. Keep going until you get to the end of the strip. Tuck the last flap of paper inside.

6. Take your thumb and index finger and gently pinch the sides of the pentagon. The inside should start to ‘puff’ out.

And voila! You have a star shape! It might take a few tries to get the shape right, but once you have, you’ll be making hundreds!

Have fun, and thanks for reading! xoxo


Thanks Lara!!! I am so excited to go have a go at these! I saw some on Etsy a couple weeks ago and fell in love :) 

Be sure to go visit Lara's BLOG

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS! I think a fish bowl filled with these cute stars would make an adorable centerpiece for a kitchen/dining room table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the little stars, i have always wanted to make some just never have, think nows my chance :)

    Zoe x
    http://blessedbeeapothecary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deer Little FawnJune 16, 2011

    Yay! I think I saw these on laura's blog once and have wondered how they were done! Super cute tutorial! Thanks both for sharing!
    xBeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deer Little FawnJune 16, 2011

    Sorry, I meant Lara not Laura, typo oops! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just tried making these and it was so hard! It was fine until I got to the part when you have to start making the points of the star, then it just went horribly wrong. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. RosasPicksJune 16, 2011

    Adorable! Wonder if a tiny prize could hide inside?

    ReplyDelete
  7. emily juneJune 21, 2011

    <3 love this! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)