6.17.2011

Foodie Post: Turkish Flat Bread Pizza

This recipe was originally posted over at Parenting Miracles as part of the Ultimate Blog Swap - but I though I'd repost it here as it's so darn yummy!!!

**What You'll Need**

misc 001


Cumin Flatbread Dough
275g/9 1/2oz plain white flour (all purpose flour)
1 tsp cumin seeds
225ml/8fl oz natural yogurt
Pinch Salt

Topping (suggestions)
Cherry Tomatoes
Roasted Peppers
Feta
Olives
Olive Oil
Red onion, sliced
Lemon to squeeze


**What To Do**
  1. Halve the tomatoes and prep any toppings you are using. On the ones I made here, I just used cherry tomatoes, roasted red peppers and feta.
  2. misc 004
  3. Make the dough by mixing the sifted flour, cumin, yoghurt & salt. Roll into a ball. Divide into 8 for mini pizzas, or 4 for slightly larger ones.
  4. misc 005
  5. One portion at a time, lift carefully onto a dry hot pan. Cook 1-2 mins each side till lightly browned
  6. misc 007
  7. Remove, sprinkle with the topping and a little olive oil. Sit under the grill for 2 minutes.
  8. misc 014
  9. Eat open or folded - I served mine with a side salad and sweet potato fries.
Happy baking!!

4 comments:

  1. Delicious looking! This post caught my eye because I'm Turkish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing! I'm going to have to share this with Mr. Wonderful, because he's been wanting to try grilling pizza this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deer Little FawnJune 20, 2011

    Looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this looks so good!  I love anything Mediterranean/Middle Eastern. <3

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)