6.09.2011

Couch to 5k - Week 6

undefined


Week 6 - or really Week 5, take 2!!! After the slight hiccup at the start of last week, I decided that I'd spend an extra week doing the week 5 workouts. Thankfully, the workouts this week have been going fine. I'm managing them easily AND enjoying it too :)

I'm noticing how much stronger my body is becoming from regular exercise. But most of all, I'm amazed at how therapeutic a good run. It clears my head and feels me with the sense that I can do anything I put my mind too. I'm already thinking about working towards running 10k when I've mastered the 5k!

Measurements:
Waist - 27"
Hips - 35"
Thighs - 18 1/2"

I'm still eating healthy most of the time. I think the key is balance. I want to be able to enjoy the naughty (but tasty) foods sometimes - cake, ice-cream, chocolates. It's just remembering that they are not everyday foods. When I start denying myself 'treats' at all, my brain goes into overdrive and starts to think that I should be cutting down on ALL foods. SO, I've been eating clean and healthy 80% of the time - and allowing myself the odd treat here and there!

More than anything, I'm finally shattering the belief in my head that I never see anything through. And that if I can do this, what else can I achieve if I try hard enough??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)