6.23.2011

Couch to 5k - Weeks 7 & 8

source

I didn't post an update last week, but I was still busy working out. I'm finding this weeks training schedule pretty tough. I think my body is best suited to interval training, rather than long runs. But, I'm determined to stick out the schedule and push past my boundaries. It may be that after next week, I'll go back to interval training. 

I am really enjoying working out though. Physically I feel fantastic after  I finish a session. And mentally I'm feeling pretty damn good too! The last week or so, I've found that during my workout, my brain seems to go into 'creative' mode - thinking up tonnes of ideas for things I want to make/paint. 

Having half an hour every day, when my mind is free to think of these things is great! I write/sketch it all out as soon as I'm finished so that I don't forget all those brilliant ideas :)

At the start of this training plan, I'd thought that I'd do a 5k run at some point this year. I may still, but I'm not sure thats what I want anymore. I don't feel the need to do that now. But I have discovered a new found joy for working out, and that is something that I've been wanting to do for years. I hope to keep these workouts as a part of daily life. After 2 months of it now, it really does jsut feel like something that you do everyday. It's not a chore, I enjoy it, and if I miss a day, I really miss working out.

Next week will be the last update of my couch to 5k... I can't believe I'm so close to getting there!


3 comments:

  1. kasia4333June 23, 2011

    amazing idea!

    Btw I have one question... I love your shop and I'm dreaming about collaboration ( I saw at mybestfriendjules.com that you work with some bloggers). Is it possible?chocarome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. RosasPicksJune 23, 2011

    I really admire your decision to start working out and sticking with it! It's been a goal of mine for years, but has never made it to Habit status!
    Hope you'll come by and join my Farnsworth Note Cards give-away on Rosa's Picks! It's really easy, all you have to do is leave me a comment to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got another friend who is working on this too. I really admire you gals for being able to do it! I can't actually run because of some ankle issues, so I'm stuck walking or doing Wii Fit. Although I haven't figured out a good regularly scheduled time to work out, I have found that it does feel good to make it routine. 

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)