6.02.2011

Couch to 5K - Week 5


Week 5. This week has been tough. Monday morning I came to do the first of this weeks workouts... and about 3/4 the way through I felt as though I was dying. I just struggled on, but the same thing happened this on Tuesday too.  I don't know if it's the increase in the run lengths, the fact that I am so tired this week, the wine I've been drinking every night. (OOPS) or a combination of all those.

Wednesday I had a mini break through and managed to complete the workout with no problems (coincidence that I hadn't drunk the night before??!). I plan on repeating this week's workouts next week though, in the hope that I do better! Also, I need to stop the wine - I don't drink these days for very good reasons. I got into the habit of having a glass or two a couple of weeks back, and now it's become a daily thing again. SO I need to knock that one on the head :( drink and I don't mix... I'm also pretty sure that it's the cause of this funk that I'm in. Alcohol is a major depressant for me.

I admit, I was so relived to have managed yesterdays workout easily - I was a little worried that I wouldn't make any progress and use it as an excuse to quit :O But after finishing the workout yesterday I felt FANTASTIC. I think that it was a case of mind over matter. I told myself I could do it and I did.

I'm still looking forward to working out - which is a good sign :) Also, I'm still doing well on my healthy eating. My diet has changed tonnes over the last few weeks, and I find that now I automatically take the healthy option over the unhealthy. I'm noticing a change in my body, certainly my tummy and hips are showing the signs of less junk food and more exercise :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)