10.22.2010

List 14: Things to love about Autumn

 Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it,
and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth
seeking the successive autumns."
George Eliot

source
  • You can curl up cozily by a fire. Curl up with a book in front of a blazing fire makes me feel so cozy.
  • Making a big crock pot of chili or soup. Nothing better than homemade chili and soup to warm your belly after a walk outside.
  • Halloween! I love love love halloween <3
  • The trees look like rainbows. I love seeing the way nature creates its own rainbows on the ground and on the branches. (See this article on "Why Leaves Change Color"), 
  • The feeling of change. I always feel like autumn is the start of something, the beginning of something new... maybe it's years of the new school year starting in the autumn... but to me, autumn is a perfect time to make those changes you've been thinking about.
  • Crunchy Leaves. Even as an adult, it's still fun to jump in a big pile of crunchy leaves.
  • Back to school stationary... yes I know I don't go to school (or do my children) but I still love looking at all the cute notebooks and packs of pens that appear right about now!
  • That autumny smell in the air - a whiff of smoke from a chimney, mingled with the dry leaves covering the ground. Heaven.
  • It's time to crack open the hot chocolate - nothing beats a hot drink to wrap your hands around and warm your tummy on a chilly autumn day.
  • Bonfire Night - as a child, bonfire night was always special, we'd start building the fire months before, we'd have a ton of family and friends round, lots of food and lots of fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)