1.21.2013

what mama wore // ombre hues >>>>








{ outfit details }
boots - ebay
skirt - handmade
t-shirt - thrifted
sweater - c/o oasap.com

so... i decided it was time to change my hair. i loved the colour on the ends, but wasn't really digging the black. so. i stripped it all out. i tried out the hair colour removers that are around - first time, and they worked pretty well! all the colour came out of these ends leaving me with blonde {oh! it's been so long since i've had blonde!!} and the black came out too {it's not an easy colour to get rid of}. now i've got a kinda reddish brown. i'm loving it. i think the warmth of the colour leaves me less washed out looking than the black did. i haven't done anything to it since stripping it. leaving it rest and recover for a while. i might lighten the ends a little more, take the blonde a bit higher. but for now i'm loving this ombre effect!

and... snow!! i was fuh-reezing out there ha! i thought i'd manage while i snapped a couple photos. but by the time i went back in my fingers were numb. on my weekend switched off, i did a little sewing, fixing up a few things, altering some others. this skirt was one of them. made from the softest vintage fabrics, i love the shape  of it. i made a couple and i've not worn anything else all week. paired with this cute sweater i got from oasap.com i'm a happy mama. 

what do you think of my new 'do?? it's the first time in years i've had no crazy colours in my hair!

pee.ess... one of my lovely sponsors, the albedo sisters are having a giveaway on their blog - and if you haven't seen their blog or shop yet i suggest you check them out - they are amazing 

♥♥ stay in touch! ♥♥ follow this blog ♥♥ twitter ♥♥ facebook ♥♥ shop ♥♥

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE your hair!! Looks like the style I want for my hair! (But I don't have the patience to grow it out LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is, and has been forever, beautiful in my opinion! Though I still think your red hair, the bright red, was my absolute favorite!

    Also, I want your skirt SO BADLY. First I thought they were loose fitting pants, which is my style and I was gonna beg you to reveal where you got them! Ah!

    Great outfit! Love the jewelry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hair and all the bracelets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous as ever polly, the hair rocks, natural colours rock in their own special way, tho I admit I hanker after the crazy colours of my youth sometimes ... but enjoy, you look the part :) much love X

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)