11.23.2010

Time for a change

 

I've been busy crafting this morning. Making christmas ornaments for those of you who signed up here to swap with me! I'm so excited to get them finished and sent out. They're all made, and parceled up - hoping to pop down to the post office soon! I'm really looking forward to getting some through the post too - I <3 it when the postman comes knocking!

Also, I've decided it's time for a change. I've been thinking for a while about taking my dreads out, and I've decided to do it! aargh... I'm still not certain, BUT I've been on about it for so long that  I think I'm just going to do it. They can always go back in. I really really miss having hair I can do something with.

Lately, as I've been blog surfing I keep coming across photos of people with long, dark flowing locks and I'm jealous! I don't feel as if my dreadlocks fit me anymore, if that makes sense? I've changed a lot in the last 18 months, and I'm finally finding the confidence to be who I want to be. Sod what anyone else thinks... I don't care if I'm a mass of contradictions. I need to do/look/be how I want.

And then I read Julianna's from hello,serendipity post on why women desiring beauty is a beautiful thing and I realised that it's OK to want to look beautiful. It's ok to wear make-up, and do my hair and get dressed up. And honestly, right now? I don't feel pretty, I hate my messy hair, and while I like the idea of dreadlocks, and maybe if mine were neater, tidier more perfect, but as they are, I just don't feel very feminine.

So - I have the long and probably painful task of combing them out - not looking forward to that one! I'm going to make a start now, sitting on the sofa while the girls watch Peter Pan, as I'm not feeling very well right now.

2 comments:

  1. "I don't care if I'm a mass of contradictions. I need to do/look/be how I want."

    YAY you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I don't care if I'm a mass of contradictions. I need to do/look/be how I want."

    YAY you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)