11.07.2010

A little bit of craftiness

 I'm back on a roll guys!! Yesterday was a GREAT day, I got loads done - finally found the energy and the motivation to do the housework, blitzed the whole place from top to bottom - it looks soooo much better now. If only it'd stay that way!

We did some thrifting in town in the morning, and found a couple of bits but nothing great. Then I pulled out my sewing machine, dusted it off (!) and made myself a new top (out of an old pillowcase) I'm pretty pleased with the results - I'll be making more I think. Looked to find some embellishments to brighten them up.



I've just finished listing 8 x 6 prints in my etsy shop. Hopefully will get the 10 x 8's listed this afternoon. I'll be running a giveaway later on this week - so stay tuned :)

And don't forget to come back tomorrow to check out Goddess Leonie's interview

12 comments:

  1. that looks fabulous. Not sure I could carry it off though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a lovely top, I intend to get my machine out to make more of our clothes...now just to find that extra time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable! Makes me miss having that vibrant red hair but it is so fickle to keep up with. Great idea for the top! It reminds me of the apron tops I used to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for all the comments :) I've been busy sewing again this afternoon! I'd forgotten how much I enjoy making clothes.


    @Little House On Wheels - I love my red, but it is SO fickle to keep up with! I keep thinking about dying it dark, but I really like the red - just not the maintanence!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! all those pillow cases i see - oh to have them rebirthed into these!!! i've linked to your post in my inspiration monday post here: http://psbohemian.blogspot.com/2010/11/inspiration-mondays-music-friends-real.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's from a pillowcase!? love it.
    give me a pillowcase and i could whip you up a bag... with no handles... and basically, looks the same. lmao

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's from a pillowcase!? love it.
    give me a pillowcase and i could whip you up a bag... with no handles... and basically, looks the same. lmao

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look adorable! Makes me miss having that vibrant red hair but it is so fickle to keep up with. Great idea for the top! It reminds me of the apron tops I used to make.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)