4.12.2012

happiness is....

 'happiness is...' -  each week we'll meet two lovely ladies to find out what happiness is to them.... if you'd like to take part please drop me an email :)

Blog
what makes you happiest? 
In a broad sense it's the knowledge that I have a good life with people who love me. On the day-to-day it's the little things like a kind word somebody says or seeing a nice exchange. One day I watched a man in a suit take a homeless man's breakfast order in a very humble way and then take off running towards a restaurant and it made me happy for the entire day.

do you have a ‘happy place’?
This may sound weird but lately when I'm feeling especially blue or anxious I want to get tattooed. It must be something about the excitement and the change and that I get some one on one time with my tattooer friends. It's very cathartic and very fun. I also have a journal that I seem to only use when I'm feeling too many feelings about something. It's very emotional and I just might die of embarrassment if anybody ever read the terrible writing in it, but writing things down, making lists and drawing mean pictures makes me feel happy.
do you have a favourite happy song? Well...the music that makes me the happiest is usually crazy metal songs that get me pumped. Right now the music that makes me feel the happiest is Dimmu Borgir because it's almost funny how seriously Black Metal his stuff is, I don't know. I feel like you can't take it too seriously. But it's also awesome and I find myself going YES!!!! and smiling a lot when a good song comes on.

what gets you past a bad day?
Honestly I just love to treat myself to things.Sometimes I'll spend four hours reading a good book in bed (in fact, yesterday Shanghai Girls and I spent a good chunk of time together) or buy myself a little something off Etsy to give myself something to look forward to. I also have a fantastic boyfriend who will listen for HOURS about whatever is bothering me. It always makes me feel better to talk to him.

Blog

what makes you happiest?
my relationships - with God, my fiance (Ryan), family, and friends!
do you have a ‘happy place’?
 in the morning with my cup of hot coffee, journal and Bible. it's my quiet time and sets the whole mood and pace of my day. i also love moments when i'm driving around in my car - blasting my car radio and singing at the top of my lungs. and of course, anytime i'm able to create and just free my creative side (whether that's drawing, sewing, writing, taking pictures, etc.)! these are three 'happy places' where i let go of my worries, the day's to-do list, and fears - and just live within the moment! 
do you have a favourite happy song?
 oooh, tough question - i have sooo many songs that can instantly put me in a good mood (i love music!). recently, anytime i hear Pumped Up Kicks or anything by Foster the People, i'm ready to pump my fists and dance around my kitchen. 
what gets you past a bad day?
 a great workout at the gym (with an upbeat music playlist) or a bike ride to let out my stress. anything sweet (like peanut butter oreos - yum!) also helps a TON!


♥♥ stay in touch! ♥♥ follow this blog ♥♥ twitter ♥♥ facebook ♥♥ shop ♥♥

1 comment:

  1. Oh hey, you know what else makes me happy? Being featured on someone else's blog! haha

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)