10.03.2011

apple festival







 


 





yesterday was the annual apple festival up at our local national trust property Erddig. we woke to rain, after a week of a heat wave, but luckily by mid-morning the rain cleared. we me up with some friends, for one of the best afternoons I've had in ages :) there was some cider sampling..(a few of them were a little worse for wear by the end of the afternoon ;) ) 

the girls were so excited to be able to hold a couple of owls, i could happily have smuggled them home in my handbag! they were so cute... and Lola who's just getting into Harry Potter wants an owl so she can call it Hedwig lol

i think we were just about the last visitors to leave - we had that much fun! we ended up bringing friends home and having an impromptu barbecue - perfect end to a fantastic afternoon - can't wait for next years apple festival!

4 comments:

  1. oh my! those are the cutest little owls i've ever seen! what lucky little girls ^.^ it looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! :) Those owls are PRECIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so fun :) How cute are those owls?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous that the girls got to hold & pet owls! I just adore owls so much. They are gorgeous & intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)