6.28.2012

happiness is....

 'happiness is...' -  each week we'll meet two lovely ladies to find out what happiness is to them.... if you'd like to take part please drop me an email :)

blog
what makes you happiest? Falling into bed with my little boy at the end of the day, watching his chest rise and fall as he dreams himself in to a deeper sleep, desperately wanting to stroke his hair as I marvel at how incredible he is. Or when my favourite cup is clean for my morning coffee ;)

do you have a ‘happy place’?
I have this special walk I go on near where I live when I need some clarity and peace. It's surrounded by the most beautiful nature and whenever I'm there I'm able to appreciate and remember how mind blowingly remarkable life and earth is. I'm always able to live in the moment there and come away feeling refreshed and calm.

do you have a favourite happy song?
I find reggae in general makes me so happy, I can't help but get up and dance to the rhythmical beat, shaking off any stresses and in general pull off some awesome Dad dance moves! I also love Curtis Mayfield "Move on up" for a musical high and Lionel Richie "Easy like a Sunday morning" Just for the sheer happiness it brings me to air guitar during the epic guitar solo.

what gets you past a bad day?
Hearing my sons contagious hearty chuckle without a doubt.

blog
what makes you happiest?
Laying in the grass on a blanket and just breathing. I allow myself to drop out of my head and into stillness and simplicity and every single time I experience such a sense of peace and gratitude for every single person and every single thing in my life, even the ones I struggle with otherwise.

do you have a ‘happy place’?
It used to be as we drove down the road, but that has recently turned into a working place instead. ;) I'd say my happy place is surrounded by my mama friends, whether we're eating or just talking, whether it's in person or over the phone. It's the moments where we can just breathe together and talk and laugh at the absurdity of it all, get deep and personal and silly all at once.

do you have a favourite happy song?
I have a list of happy songs! My favorite is probably "On Top of The World" by Imagine Dragons; it just makes me move and dance.

what gets you past a bad day?
Letting it all go. I drop everything, and "do nothing", which usually looks like a movie night with my guys or eating coconut milk ice cream from the carton. I just surrender to the mood, stop trying to fight it off (because THAT works!) and just give myself a break. If I really can't drop everything (for instance, I have sessions and I need to feel grounded) I take a walk, call a friend, or enlist my husband's help - he's great at helping me breathe and recenter. Then as soon as possibly, I allow myself to let it all go. If I don't give myself those moments of total surrender to the yuck I end up bottling it up until it explodes. But when I allow myself the space to just be in a funk I release it faster and easier and get back to feeling grounding and in Trust for the process of Life again (being in a funk is totally part of that process!).



♥♥ stay in touch! ♥♥ follow this blog ♥♥ twitter ♥♥ facebook ♥♥ shop ♥♥

2 comments:

  1. what beautiful women :) glad to have found your blogs here, thanking Polly for sharing you :) x x x

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)