6.14.2012

happiness is....

 'happiness is...' -  each week we'll meet two lovely ladies to find out what happiness is to them.... if you'd like to take part please drop me an email :)

blog

what makes you happiest?
what makes me the absolute MOST happy in the entire world is seeing my kids laugh, play, learn, grow, be content, be filled with awe. their successes always trump mine. other things that make me happy are Kansas sunsets, fresh canteloupe, that post-run glow/feeling, a really good gab date with a friend, buttery popcorn at the movies, selling crafts at a boutique, blogging, new outfits, a successful recipe, cucumber water.

do you have a ‘happy place’?
yes, i do. with help from my therapist, i conjured up a mental happy place that i can take with me wherever i am. all i have to do is close my eyes and concentrate on the sights/sounds/feelings of that place. it happens to be a cabin in the mountains, where shawn and i honeymooned. it is my paradise, and i go there often, even if i'm not really there.

do you have a favourite happy song?
strawberry fields by coldplay; it makes me feel not only happy but inspired and invincible

what gets you past a bad day?
a nap and some dessert

blog


what makes you happiest?
Being at home with Jeremy and the dogs. I love my little family and nothing beats spending time with them! I also love making things (furniture projects, knitting, sewing). Completing a project is one of my favorite feelings in the world.

do you have a ‘happy place’?
In the mornings, during my tea and blog-reading time. That's definitely a happy place. I get up before my husband and the dogs always go back to sleep right away, so I have a few hours when the house is very quiet and I can catch up on things. It's a lovely block of me-time!

do you have a favourite happy song?
I would recommend that ANYONE in a bad mood listen to "Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO and I dare them not to smile. Dare! It's impossible to be upset while listening to that song!

what gets you past a bad day?
Getting out of the house! I usually like to go for a walk and listen to music. We live near a lake with a nice little park, and taking a walk there always makes me feel better about life. It's also nice to lose myself in a book or a good TV show (Doctor Who does the trick!).


♥♥ stay in touch! ♥♥ follow this blog ♥♥ twitter ♥♥ facebook ♥♥ shop ♥♥

1 comment:

  1. Awww yay! Thanks so much for asking me to participate! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)