6.01.2012

diy // easy kiddo tent

one of the things on my to-do list is to make the kiddos a teepee. for one reason or another it hasn't happened yet, so when we got an unexpected hot spell i needed something quick to make for them to hide in! sat having a picnic lunch down our woods one day, i came up with a {very} easy tent diy.

i tied some rope between two trees {though you could use fence panels, a shed, etc} then raided my fabric stash and found a old double sized duvet. i split the seams on three sides, so it was only stiched together along what would have been the top of the cover. then on the opposite sides i sewed three loops of ribbons on each.

all that was left was to hang the sheet over the rope, sewn edge resting on the rope, then pull the sides out and peg them into the ground. took me ten minutes from start to finish and the kiddos have practically lived in there since i hung it up!


a sheet on the ground, some blankets and cuddly toys and this is the perfect kiddo hideaway

♥♥ stay in touch! ♥♥ follow this blog ♥♥ twitter ♥♥ facebook ♥♥ shop ♥♥
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. So fun and cute, your kids must have been so excited. What a great way to enjoy the nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much! I'm eighteen and would love it if my parents made me a tent like this (still!). It's so cute! Love your bunting too! :)
    Love Scarlett xx

    www.scarlettlondon.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. so lovely!! When I have a backyard this will be on the agenda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet! i just made something a bit similar for my cats recently... i feel strange even just typing that. i'm 26 and already a crazy kitty lady! you can see it right here: http://princessrhyme.blogspot.com/2012/05/how-to-make-cat-fort.html

    your fort looks magical and a perfect spot for imaginations to flourish! love it!
    sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful and so easy! I have been fiddling around with wooden frames and all sorts so this is perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely! My garden is more of a field which I am super lucky to have, but I wish it had more nooks and hidey spots for awesome tents like this! I shall just have to make one inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute!! What a genius idea! I bet my kids would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a fun mom!! I love this idea! It looks so peaceful there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Clever mama! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww! So cute! I would have loved it as a kid (and even now buahahaha). ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)