10.24.2012

threads & life >>>>>


coat - thrifted
lace top - vintage
floral top - thrifted
skirt - ebay
mocassins - h&m

threads >>>  i cleaned out my closet last week, and found a bunch of stuff i'd forgotten about. and after a few weeks of feeling a bit 'bleurgh', i woke up on monday morning and felt like dressing up. so i did. i've never been much of a long skirt kinda gal... but i'm quite liking how this looked {so much that i've ordered two more in different colours :) } the lace top is a vintage find i picked up a  fair earlier in the year. and my old faithful coat - cosy and snug i love it :) i'm happy the weather is cool enough to wear it again. i got these moccasin boots from h&m earlier in the year, comfy and pretty i'd been wanting a pair for ages. i'm trying to grow my fringe out a little, and i'm thinking about changing my hair up. i want to swap the black for a dark brown, and i'm considering getting rid of the red - either for turquoise or maybe blonde.... decisions, decisions.

life >>> life's been something of a rollercoaster ride the past month. so much is changing, and so many challenges have come our way. fingers crossed we're past the toughest and things are looking a little rosier. i'm feeling inspired and full of ideas right now. i've been doing some serious soul work in the intuitive heart sanctuary class that i am part of right now. also, i was lucky enough to win a place in soulodge - delving deep and exploring my shadow. so much of this is so perfectly timed, there is so much i need//want to work through, so much of me to explore and understand. i've been making more of a commitment to myself to drink water, to get enough sleep and to ground myself with plenty of outdoors time. i've been using the waterlogged app on my iphone to keep a track of my water intake. i'm aiming for 64oz each day, but the past couple i've been nearer to 72oz! my body is feeling good for all this fresh water :)

i've been reading a few herb books, ready for the apothecary circle that i signed up for. i'm looking forward to spending a year learning and working towards my certificate in home apothecary {there is still time to sign up - and if you use the code Herbs180 at checkout you'll save 15% off!}

i also finished the painting i mentioned on saturday - first time i've put brush to canvas in months. it felt so good and so healing. i'd forgotten just how much joy i get from painting. it's definitely something that i need to make more time for - what do you think of her?



♥♥ stay in touch! ♥♥ follow this blog ♥♥ twitter ♥♥ facebook ♥♥ shop ♥♥

spare us a vote??
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

11 comments:

  1. Ooooh love that jacket, looks so warm and soft!

    http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the painting and think 'she' is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your painting. I love even more that you just said "fringe" instead of bangs :) so adorable!
    xo bhrett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're feeling a little better and working through things. Stay strong lovely lady! Also everytime I see your photos I'm taken aback by how beautiful you are! Seriously.. most photogenic face ever! I think you're probably one of those few people who could rock most hair colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw.... stop it, you're making me blush :p thanks though - needed that today xox

      Delete
  5. i am DYING for that coat! isn't landing on an amazing thrifted coat one of the best things in life? i just found myself a floor-length, faux-fur-lined, suede-outer winter coat for $30!

    also - your painting is beautiful! i especially love how you painted her hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh! good find! i love thrifted finds so much - such a rush ;)

      Delete
  6. she is lovely - what a beautiful painting. And I love your outfit - looks fabulous. I'm an extreme sort when it comes to skirts, they are either very very long or on the short side (not as short as they once were, but that's an age thing!) I veer from loving the short to loving the long, but never the in between. Story of my life really - one extreme or another, but the middle ground is not my resting place!
    Love Bohomumma (google not letting me sign in, and having lost several comments I'm just going with annon at the moment to actually make a comment, but it is me really :)
    www.julieslittlejoys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lady, i'm the same - either full length or super short ;) never do in betweens {in anything :p}

      Delete
  7. Your painting turned out beautifully--I'm really loving that indigo background. I like the new look of the blog too!
    I'm signed up for the apothecary circle also! So excited!! What books are you reading to prepare?

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)