9.12.2011

Living Life Your Way.... Interview with Amanda from Mannarhea


I've been working hard the last few months at overcoming my fears and following my dreams. So I'm running a series of interview with inspiring people to see what part fear has played in their life and how they've overcome it to live life their way...



********************


    Hey! Tell us a little about yourself.
Hi! I’m Amanda and I blog at mannarhea.blogspot.com. I mostly blog about my day to day adventures and struggles. I collect vintage yearbooks and art work which I display on the blog as well. Lately, I’ve been struggling to gain more self confidence. In an effort to do that I’ve made myself start wearing dresses and other outfits that I normally would not be comfortable in. I blog about my struggle with this too. I just recently started blogging so it’s only just now taking off.
I live in Atlanta, Georgia and go to college full time. I also have a part-time job at an Apple speciality store. My time is kind of limited but blogging has really helped me manage a little better. My life is slowly becoming what I want it to be.

    Is the life you lead now the life you've always dreamt of?
Not even close. When I was little I wanted to be a teacher, or a writer. I also wanted to be married by 21. I thought 21 was an old age and wanted to live my life with my husband as long as possible. My dream was to have a 70th wedding anniversary. I thought I’d be graduated from college by 21 and ready to settle down. Little did young Amanda know, life throws curve balls.
I’ve struggled to get my life together. There have been times where it is soaring perfectly. I have been the poster child for success. Then it crumbled down around me. I’ve never been the type to be completely satisfied with my life, always seeming to search for more. After a few years of this I am finally becoming comfortable in my life and who I am. I found a hobby I love. I have a great support system. Everything is slowly falling into place.

    When you have faced difficulties, what has been your inspiration to keep going?
My mother is the strongest person I know. I’ve seen how she deals with the trials of life and it inspires me to be just as strong. I focus on the fact that things will get better, one day. No matter how bad my day is, I know a good one is around the corner. It doesn’t always help. I have my days where I let the hurt swell larger and larger inside of me. But I usually only allow myself a short amount of time for that. As silly as this sounds, I’m also inspired by my future children to face my difficulties head on. I want my children to have a strong mother, like I did.

    Fear affects us all at some point. What part has fear played in your life and how have you overcome it?
I have really irrational fears. I’m not afraid of spiders or rabid animals. I’m afraid of my family dying in car accidents or plane crashes. If someone I love goes out of town, I google plane crashes if I haven’t heard from them that they arrived safely. I’m afraid of people coming up to me at night while I’m outside my house and shooting me or breaking in and killing me. I also have fears that I will always be alone and won’t succeed.
I overcome these fears by living day by day. I try not to plan too far into the future, as the anxiety of it will start to weight on me. I talk to my closest friends and family often and never forget to mention my love for them. I use to plan things to the infinite degree. I noticed when I stopped and just lived life, a lot of my fears went away. There really is something to “living in the moment.”
    What advice would you offer on following your heart and living your dreams?
Never let fear get the best of you to do just that. Settling will never make you as happy as you could be if you work hard for what you want. Life can be a serious struggle sometimes but you’re strong enough. I don’t care who you are, you’re strong enough to make it through. You’re strong enough to follow your dreams. No dream is too big or too small.
I have dreams of being a cake decorator and opening my own business making awesome cakes. I’m not on my way to doing this by any means but a hobby of mine is to make cute little cakes for people for their birthdays. It makes me feel like I’m practicing for that day my husband tells me, “I make enough money for you do what you always dreamed.” That is when I will blog for living and bake cakes out of my house. You’ll see me one day.
  
What do you think are the three most important things you need to lead a happy and radiant life?
Support from those you love.
Confidence in yourself and your abilities.
The ability to be open minded. Not only about other people but also yourself and the decisions you make in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)