3.17.2011

Birthday (Party) Foodie Post: Double Choc Muffins (and a printable)

Hey...this was originally posted on Campfire Chic as part of Kam's blog party for her birthday. I thought I'd cross post it here for those of you who didn't see it.


*****************
Hey everyone. Polly here from Pixie Mama. I was so excited to find out that Kam is a March baby just like me!


I wanted to share with you my recipe for double chocolate muffins as no birthday is complete without cake!!! I also made some camping-themed cupcake toppers to go with them, that you can download and print out.



********************


birthday DIY for campfire chic

125g/4oz butter
125g/4oz caster sugar
125g/4oz plain (all purpose) flour
2 large eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 tsp baking soda
100g chocolate chips


birthday DIY for campfire chic

First, cream the butter and sugar together, then add the eggs one at a time and mix well. Stir in the vanilla extract


Then add the flour, baking soda and cocoa powder and stir until just combined. Then add the chocolate chips.

birthday DIY for campfire chic


Spoon the mix into greased muffin tins, around 3/4 full. Bake at 180C/350F/Gas mark 4 for around 20 minutes.
birthday DIY for campfire chic



Leave the cakes to cool and then top with chocolate buttercream (3oz butter, 6oz icing sugar, 1 tbsp cocoa powder) and grated chocolate. I used trimmed doilies to create cupcake wrappers and topped each cake with a cupcake topper. You can download the toppers here to print out.
birthday DIY for campfire chic


You could make these into 12 small cupcakes instead of the 6 large muffins I made.


Sending BIG birthday wishes to you Kam - I hope you have a fantastic day!!

1 comment:

  1. Sammylou100March 17, 2011

    I adore the display ^_^
    Just so purty!
    The Cookie Button.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)