10.17.2011

Monday, Monday


i love the advice in the photo above, i might have to print it out and stick it on my fridge.

I'm playing at single parenthood for a couple of days - the Mr has gone to London for a funeral. So the girlies and I are home alone ;) we've a playdate later on... after getting their 'school' work done this morning! Yesterday we picked some sloes so I can make sloe gin... hoping to get that underway later on too :)

I think we might go shopping for some pumpkins too - I have the urge to start decorating for Halloween! i woke up this morning, with my head full of witches and ghouls... time to transform this house! 

this evening I'm determined to curl up and finally get around to teaching myself to crochet. I have the hooks, and the wool, and some videos bookmarked on youtube. I've done a little, and kinda know what I'm doing, but I want to crack it once and for all so I can attempt Beth's granny square pattern! Any tips great fully received!!

xxx


2 comments:

  1. Oooh crocheting is fun!  And not too difficult (I can say this because I did it, and I am usually very bad at these things).  I actually made a whole blanket for Isaac when he was born.  And never again.  :)

    You might also try Broomstick Lace - it's really simple and you can make scarves super quick with this route!  Only requires a basic crochet stitch and a knitting needle to use for looping.  Here's my post about it with links to the online tutorial:
    http://ladaisi.blogspot.com/2011/07/broomstick-lace.html

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. check out http://www.craftyminx.com/ she's doing "crochet school" all this month, lots of videos

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)