10.03.2011

Living Life Your Way.... Interview with Giulia from Another Diamond Day



 Hey! Tell us a little about yourself.

My name is Giulia and I blog over Another Diamond Day. I am Italian and have been living in the UK for 4 years. I am currently living in London with my boyfriend Nick. Nick and I met 7 years ago while I was an exchange year student at Cardiff University here in UK. We moved to London from Cardiff, Wales, one year ago. We mainly decided to move to London to have a new adventure as we were quite fed up with our lives in Cardiff. Coming from a small village in north Italy I find London extremely fascinating and inspiring. I write alot about our little adventures in this big city on my blog. I also like writing about traveling, art and music. I love blogging because it connects me with interesting and stimulating people I would otherwise never have met. I hope to know you through this interview as well. Please come and visit me! 

Is the life you lead now the life you've always dreamt of?

Yes and No! Yes because since I was little I have been daydreaming of living in London and being independent enough to travel and see as much world as possible. Nick and I managed to save enough money to have a road trip in Iceland this summer and I have just come back from a weekend in Paris where I met my sister and her family! On the other hand, I have always been frustrated with my jobs. My work experience combines different type of office work which doesn’t reflect my personality. I consider myself a creative and passionate person who hates routines and schematic work. At some point in life, I felt pretty frustrated and angry with myself for not being able to find a job I like due to lack of experience and school diplomas but now I have learnt not to be so hard on myself and try to do whatever I like in my spare time. It does not matter if my paintings or photography are not my full-time job, what it’s important is that I feel happy, satisfied and I enjoy myself! 



When you have faced difficulties, what has been your inspiration to keep going?

My family, Nick and my closest friends: these people are the biggest source of inspiration during my difficult times. Also the idea that everything happens for a reason and that these big challenges will always teach me something important making me wiser and stronger! A very good friend of mine used to reassure me saying;" Giulia remember, in life when you feel that you have reached the very bottom you don't have to panic! You cannot go further down than that, you just have to find your way to the top again!".


Fear affects us all at some point. What part has fear played in your life and how have you overcome it?

Fear affects my life very much as I have been suffering of anxiety disorders and panic attacks for quite a while now! I am still learning on how to overcome my anxiety and I still haven't found the answer. I have been taking medication for a while and I have now decided to quit. I am seeing a counselor once a week now as well. What I am realising is that I have always looked for help outside of myself: Meds and people. I used to get frustrated with them if they weren't able to fix my problem 100%. I basically ignored myself and my human weaknesses as well as my strengths. I think that every person has a source of strength deep inside. Some people have it naturally and others have it hidden somewhere and the journey to find it can take years or a life time. I am looking for my source of strength and I can tell you that there are days when I can feel it . I am learning that I have to believe in myself, love myself and accepting myself for what I am and probably in this way I will feel my strength more often! People who love me will always try to help me in difficult situations but I have to learn to rely deeply on myself as no-one else can ever know me as much as I know myself.

What advice would you offer on following your heart and living your dreams?

To be patient and carry on doing whatever makes you happy! Our dreams won't come true easily. They will always challenge us! So we need to persist and show our passion for them.



What do you think are the three most important things you need to lead a happy and radiant life?

  • Love yourself! We all need to understand who we are and what we want from our life. I think that if we are not 100% honest with ourselves, we won't ever be able to make anyone else happy. We need to look after our body and our soul properly and find our own balance.
  • Have dreams! Have something to look forward to! Get satisfaction from something you have done!
  • Surround yourselves with good people! Yes I have learned that I need to get rid of those people who have played a negative part in my life whom criticisms towards me were just to boost their own egos! Surround yourself with people who respect you and accept you for what you are.
 ********************

This is to be the last in my series of 'Living Life Your Way Interviews.... the first one was published in October 2010, and since then I've featured some inspirational interviews with many amazing women. I never expected when I published the first one for the series to run for as long as it has - I'm so thankful to all who took part! You can check out all the previous interviews HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)