6.15.2012

banana + carrot bread

torn yesterday between baking banana bread or a carrot cake, i decided to experiment and make a mix of the two. thankfully it turned out pretty darn delicious!! it made a great breakfast treat too :) moist enough to enjoy as it is, i think it'd also be tasty spread with a little butter.



you'll need
3 overripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs
100g melted butter
2 largeish carrots, grated
200g self-raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg

mix the flour, baking powder, spices and carrots together in a bowl. beat the eggs together with the melted butter and banana.

pour the wet onto the dry, mix until just combined. pour into a greased loaf tin.

bake at 180 degrees celsius//gas mark 4 for around 1 hour. allow to cool and enjoy!




♥♥ stay in touch! ♥♥ follow this blog ♥♥ twitter ♥♥ facebook ♥♥ shop ♥♥

8 comments:

  1. Yes! This sounds amazing. I can't wait to try it. Two of my favorite things ever! I may be in love with you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let me know if you try it!! it's so delicious :D

      Delete
  2. I've had banana bread and carrot bread, but never a mix of the two! Glad to hear it was delicious...maybe I'll make this next time I want to bake a bread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't know why i hadn't thought to put the two together sooner!

      Delete
  3. YOU ARE A GENIUS! I would have never thought of mixing them together, but both are my favorite. I am so thankful you came up with this. <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe! you're welcome ;p it's the best thing ever!!! i can see me making more of it{and soon}

      Delete
  4. Those are my two favourite cakey loaves ... to combine them ... well this has to be tried ... tomorrow! Thanks for sharing x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! I'm going to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)