Hello Enchanted Pixie readers. My name is Keri-Anne and i blog over at i was the sea. I am married to a very handsome auburn haired boy and a mummy to two little fairy girls. I love baking, sewing, photography and hiding in forts in the woods with my darlings and creating the most wonderful memories for us to look back on.
Today, i would love to share a recipe for you all to make Pink Lemonade cupcakes. Oh, they are so scrummy and my family and neighbours VERY much approve.
115g(4oz) of self raising flour
1/4 tsp of baking powder
115g (4oz) butter or margarine
115g(4oz) caster sugar
2 large eggs
Pink food colouring
55g(2oz) granulated sugar
Juice of 1 small lemon
115g (4oz) unsalted butter
juice and zest from half a lemon
4 tbsp double cream
225g (8oz) icing sugar
pink food colouring
1. Preheat the over to 180 degrees/Gas mark 4.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the butter, caster sugar and eggs. Beat until smooth and then add pink food colouring to make a pale pink batter.
3. Spoon the mixture into paper cases and bake for 15-20 mins.
4. While the cakes are in the oven, place the granulated sugar and lemon juice into a saucepan and heat, stirring gently, until the sugar has dissolved. Leave the mixture 15 mins to cool.
5. When the cakes are ready, prick them with a skewer all over and brush over the sugar and lemon syrup. Leave the cakes to cool. The syrup will drizzle into the cakes and leave them very moist and lemony.
6. To make the buttercream, place the butter, lemon juice and lemon zest into a bowl. Mix together until pale and creamy. Add in the cream and then sift in the icing sugar. Beat for 2-3 mins until light and fluffy and then add the pink food colouring.
5. Use a knife to swirl the buttercream on top of the cakes once cooled. Add sprinkles around the edge and decorate with a straw
If you end up making the cakes, come on over to the blog and let me know. i would love to hear from you!
thanks keri-anne! these sound delicious, i can't wait to try them out!