1.25.2011

Restyle-ing


I signed up for Elsie's Project Restyle back at the beginning of January. While I've managed to do a couple of projects, things have been pretty hectic round here and I haven't had a chance to post them!

First up was this butterfly shadowbox. I love the look of old butterfly collections - but am slightly creeped out at the thought of having real butterfly's pinned in my house! 

project restyle - before
This frame we found in the shed at the bottom of our garden, it's hard to see from the picture but it's quite deep (around 1 inch) and the glass slides off.

 project restyle

I came across these butterfly's in a craft shop in town and I knew the perfect project for them 

project restyle - after 

I added some pretty scrap booking paper to line the frame, hot glued the butterfly's on and hung it up :) 
It brightens up my hallway!

The second project was a dress (I blogged it here) I made from an old bedsheet.
Before - old bed sheet and a yellow doiley

After - dress!


I have tonnes to do today, we're home all day waiting in for a delivery. I need to catch up on the housework, girls want to do some art. I have painting and sewing I want to do. A mountain of washing to work through too! 


p.s - Last year I asked Rachelle Mee-Chapman from Magpie Girl a question as part of her 30 stories project. She's just had a chance to answer my question and you can find it here!



4 comments:

  1. Ahhh the butterflies were a really good idea! well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the butterfly shadow box! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea with the butterflies!! I may be tempted to try it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely idea with the butterflies!! I may be tempted to try it :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)