1.17.2011

Magical Music

 http://www.kruufm.com/files/10/emiliana-torrini.jpg

I discovered Icelandic songstress Emiliana Torrini late last night (which is why I'm so tired today from staying up and listening to all of her songs!!) The first song I listened too was a cover of 'If You Go Away', it gave me the chills and sent me off to find more to listen too. She is completly enchanting. If you haven't come across her before I strongly suggest you watch this video NOW!!



I've just downloaded a couple of her albumns into my itunes, so will be driving my husnband crazy for the next few days/weeks listening to nothing else. 

I'm looking for suggestions for other new music too. I have a pretty electic taste, anything from Nirvana to Simon and Garfunkely, RATM to Joan Baez. What do you love to listen to? Have you come across any new artists that you'd recommend??


7 comments:

  1. I love Emiliana Torrini, if you get a chance to see her live do, she is awesome :)

    You should listen to Samson by Regina Spektor if you haven't already. So beautiful, i cant listen to it without crying
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh what an unusual voice , lovely .. My particular faves are Amy Seeley , zero 7 , Sol seppy and Joni Mitchell of course x

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has an amazing voice...and is now on my iTunes waiting list (sad fact that there IS a waiting list!)

    I have a very eclectic taste as well some of the music I have been listenign to latly incude "a fine frenzy", "this century", "acceptance", "chester see" and "kat (or kathryn) tingy"...she goes by both on iTunes.


    My hubby is the same..my music drives him totally nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I highly recommend Eivør Pálsdóttir, she's from the Faroe Islands and incredible. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh what an unusual voice , lovely .. My particular faves are Amy Seeley , zero 7 , Sol seppy and Joni Mitchell of course x

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)