1.20.2010

6 Months of Dreadlocks

It's been 6 months since I put my dreads in, and they're beginning to settle in and I can truly say I LOVE them!!

Here's me before the dreads:



Having dreads was something I've wanted to do for ages, but never had the courage to actually do. After following Sara and Em's blogs, and admiring their dreadlocks I finally plucked up the courage to do mine! I had a little help from G, and over the course of a couple of days, in between children looking after I dreadlocked my hair. Here's them just after they were all finished:



And here's them now:



Looking back at them just after I put them in and seeing them now makes me realise just how much they've changed in 6 months. They're beginning to lock up and look like 'proper' dreadlocks at last. There have been times when I've despaired that they were never going to mature, but I can see that slowly they are - I'm not always too good at waiting for things!

I've gotten less self-concious about them as time's gone on, at first I was really aware of these 'things' on my head. but as they've settled down, I've settled into them and now I forget they are even there -and it takes me a moment to remember why people might stare - duh! pillar box red dreadlocks!!!!

All in all, it's one of the best decision's I've made - here's to many more years of dreadlocks :-)

6 comments:

  1. I want your hair!!!! Please come do mine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bea-utiful! Mine have gone *very* loopy; which I love, but I'm having to work with tolerance for all the hairs that are not incorporated into dreads anymore.

    I backcombed and then crocheted, but have since gone the "leave em alone" route after reading about weak spots and breaking dreads... eek!

    patience...or at least... I'm keeping a mind for learning it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. great dreads..and colour!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want your hair!!!! Please come do mine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just ordered a dread comb and rubberbands, finally!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a message. I read and appreciate every one :)